I've been busy with a new project!
I came across an industrial Singer 31-15 sewing machine for $100 and I went straight away to pick it up. I knew even before seeing it in person that the cords would need to be replaced on the motor. I was going to try and keep the original clutch motor because it's part of the machine (they've been together since 1947!) but after working with the machine for a few minutes at home I realized it wouldn't be worth dealing with the speed and noise.
In this post I will show you how I restored the table, what parts on the machine I replaced (and why), how I fixed the wires on the clutch motor (for someone else to use it) and how to set-up and install a servo motor under the table.